What has the Collins Family been doing. Get it here ! !

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Grand Haven / Muskegon

A friend turned me on to John Legend, and while I was surfing the web I found that he was in town Saturday. Amazingly tickets were reasonably priced and still available, so I planned a mini getaway for Matt and I. We arrived Saturday afternoon, ate a wonderful lunch(on a roof top patio overlooking the harbor in Grand Haven), did some window shopping and then set out in seach of quiet waters. The state & city parks were way over crowded. From research the night before I found a place that sounded like it was "Off the beaten path" -- Rosy Mound nature area. A short .7 mile walk through the woods, up and down stairs. We found our quiet water oasis. Ahhhhh..... Lake Michigan. It was a perfect day, warm but not too hot. We walked along the beach, snapped a few photos, took a dip, and finished the day at a relaxing lakeside concert. The sky started to look dark and cloudy, we actually got sprinkled on for a short time, but the storm passed just south of us. After the show we walked through the attached carnival, ate some greasy food and I rode the Freak Out (Matt watched from the sideline). All in all it was a fun day!




No comments: