What has the Collins Family been doing. Get it here ! !

Saturday, November 13, 2010

The things I'll miss

Monday will be my offical first day and 1st shift. 9:30 - 5:30pm. Everyone is asking if I'm excited. I am, I'm very excited to finally have the "normal" life. Get up, go to work, come home, make dinner, go for a walk , go to bed. I guess it's been so long since I've worked a "normal" shift that I'm a little nervous. For one, getting out of the house by 9am get Lilyana to daycare will be a feat in itself. Secondly, I hope I can keep up with the work flow on first's. There's alot more going on, more phone calls and more distractions. and Lastly, our financial state. I'll be taking a pay cut since I will not longer get a shift premium and also daycare cost will triple. It's time to pitch the wallet and enjoy my family.


Although I can't wait to ease into my new lifestyle there will be a few things i'll miss about 2nd shift. For one I'll miss all my friends, yeah, i'll still get to see them but there won't be the quiet time to catch up and have a nice conversation . Second shift is so laid back, it's quiet so I can concentrate on a single project or give a customer my undivded uninterrupted attention. That is nearly impossible on first shift. I'll miss breakfast at Pancake House with Jayme, Roger and his wife Tammy.


I'll miss sleeping in, not having to set the alarm. and I'll miss the sunsets.
Here's two that were just a few days apart.







2 comments:

Dawn said...

You guys do get some beautiful sunsets there! Good luck with your new schedule!

Gramma goes Blogging said...

Hang in there sweetie, It will all work out in the end.