What has the Collins Family been doing. Get it here ! !

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

29 weeks

Today I had my final monthly Dr. appointment.  I now have to see Dr. Young  every two weeks.  Although I am excited to being closer to baby Ashlynn's due date, I also realize we have lots to do before her arrival and  I'm getting nervous that we will have everything done and ready for her.  
            
Every two weeks,  ugh. Don't get me wrong  The dr. appointment it's self isn't bad, I love checking to see how our little girl is growing. I just don't like the fact that that my twenty minute dr. appointment seems to take nearly half the day. With a twenty minute commute there and back usually smack in the middle of the day, it's hard to get a full work day in.  I'd like to save my vacation time for after Ashlynn's arrival.

Here's a recap of what we've been dealing with so far:
The last four times I've went I've had ultrasounds to check Ashlynn status. She was breech and sitting on my cervis which made it nearly impossible for the ultrasound tech to get a clear image of the bottom of her spine.  They are checking to make sure the spine has formed together correctly and to rule out spina bifida.  Today's ultrasound was a success.  She is head down.  (yeah !! for no more breech baby) The Ultrasound tech was able to get a clear view of the base of the spine. We are good = ) 

heart rate: 138
baby weight : 3lbs.

She's getting bigger,  her movement can be seen and felt my others. My personal favorite is Lilyana knows her sister's name and she will even sit still long enough to feel the baby kicking.  Today while reading on the couch the baby was moving around like crazy, so I lifted my shirt and Lilyana puts her hand on my belly.  She says " I can feel Ashlynn kicking me momma"  Awh...... it's so sweet it just melts my heart.

2 comments:

Gramma goes Blogging said...

Thank goodness that worry is behind you. Tons of Love xoxoxo

Dawn said...

Hooray for good news! I remember the inconvenience of having to take off work for appointments when I was pregnant with Marley and Amelia. This time around my 'bosses' wouldn't give me time off, so I had to take them with me to all my appointments. And they demanded stickers each time.