What has the Collins Family been doing. Get it here ! !

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Trick or Treat





Day after Halloween with Lilyana

On the way home from day care:
Lil: I like being outside in the dark
Me: You do?
Lil: Ya, Its ok because the houses and pumpkins are all lit up

At this point I realize she had been thinking about her trick or treating experience all day
Lil: I want to see my treats
Me: Ok, when we get home you can pick out 3 treats for you & 3 treats for me.
 
The second we get inside the house
Lil: My treats! My treats! (repeating as I take off my coat – lilyana's eyes are starting to tear up)

We sit down at the table and I dump her bucket of candy out in front of her. (turns out she did pretty good the night before) Lilyana quickly grabs a roll of smarties and a tootsie roll and reaches out for a third piece of candy but then quickly holds back and thinks about it for about 30 more seconds before deciding on a mini hersheys chocolate bar.

Me: Ok, what 3 do I get, can I have this one (pointing to the mini Payday)
Lil: Ya, you can have it (she also picks out a tootsie roll and a 2 pack of starburst)

By the time I have my payday down, Lilyana has opened the tootsie roll and the smarties (with bites of each in her mouth) Now she is starting to open the hersheys bar. I can tell Lilyana likes opening the candy just as much as eating it.

Lil: It's chocolate!
(she breaks the bar in 2 pieces and hands half to me)
Lil: Here ya go daddy
Me: Thank you very much
Lil: I want to open that for you
(she grabs the starburst & opens the outer wrapper to find 2 pieces inside)
Lil: One for you and one for me, I want to open yours for you.
Me: Ok

This wrapper turned out to be a little more difficult to open than the other ones. Lilyana was concentrating very intently on the starburst.

Lil: Its like opening a little present

After a little while she gets it open and hands it to me, then moves on to open her half.

Maybe we will have another 3 treats tomorrow.

2 comments:

Gramma goes Blogging said...

That's sweet I can see her saying all that,

Dawn said...

Brilliant! I'm totally making my kids pick out treats for me, too!