What has the Collins Family been doing. Get it here ! !

Friday, September 12, 2008

Bummed Out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If2dTCNH3l8 --- You Tube theme song for this weekend, Also in honor of all those in the south that really have to deal with the hurricane.

Well, I'm not normally someone who gets bummed out but the last few days really put me in a funk, I feel very discouraged and sad that all my hard work couldn't be put to use. !!! Our Company participates in a community event called Corporate Cup --- Area Corporations compete on several events such as swimming, biking, running, b-ball, golf, tennis, tug-a-war and maybe a few other events anyhow, I signed up for 2 events ......Swimming and Tennis



First event,Thursday night mixed swimming relay, 4 hours prior to swim time the other girl in our mixed relay drops out because her daughter went into labor O.K good excuse but we still swam for participation points, yeah it was still fun BUT the same thing happened to us last year. I'm not a super competitive person but the fact that even if we won we wouldn't get the credit . BOO WHO ! ! ! Dave and I we even practised too, not just a leisure practise it was get my ass out of bed at 7:30 am and in the pool by 8am --- and for a second shifter like me that's no easy task. so first bummer !!


Second event, Friday morning, the sunny is shinin' but not for long, Rain effect from Ivan --- Tennis is cancelled for Saturdays' Tennis. YOU GOT TO BE RIDDING ME, RIGHT ???? In prior years the tennis event was indoors --cool, but this year they changed it to be outdoors and volleyball was indoors instead, WHAT ! you can play volleyball in the rain but you sure can't play tennis in the rain. WHO planned this event? Already I'm not really mad just sad that Norm and I , who we've been diligent enough to get lots of practices in this summer even with the crazy schedule I've had .. All that hard work we put into practicing our serve, working it down the line, lobs, one handed backhands (Norm), encouraging Wife that she can play too (Norm) and For WHAT, TO be let down for RAIN. There's a big empty hole , the not knowing feeling, how would we have done?, that's what getting to me. and probably worst for Norm since he's more of a competitor than me. Oh that life... it's the breaks. So there you have it I'm bummed..


P.S. They may need another girl for TUG-a-WAR at noon Saturday, you know you can TUG in the rain ---- So I'll keep you updated on the outcome of the TUG of WAR. I don't know if I should even show up I think I might be cursed ?

2 comments:

Gramma goes Blogging said...

LOL great song for your non events

Mithberries said...

so girl what happened with Tug of war?!