What has the Collins Family been doing. Get it here ! !

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fresh Ink

Saturday I had an appointment with tattoo artist Brion Norwalk at Infinite Art Tattoo In Toledo Ohio. My session was at 1pm, but he called me and had to move the session to 2pm because he was with another client and had to finish up. I showed up at 2 and we talked a bit about tattoo styles and our favorite artists. I described that I wanted to even out my right arm and make it equal in size to my left arm while incorporating aspects from my left arm. I also wanted to keep the original cross tattoo design but told him that altering it to improve the tattoo would be ok. At about 2:15 he started drawing on my arm. He drew for about and hour or so. The design looked awsome so I gave the ok to start tattooing. 6 hours later it looked like this:




The cross is a light form that is illuminating out, this effect will really come alive when color and shading are added. Its far from completed, my next 2 sessions are in October and December where the outline/shading will be worked on the underside of my arm and color and shading will also be added.

More of Matts tattoos here

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow! Six hours! How many hours went into your other arm? He did a good job making it in a complementary style to your other arm without making it too similar. I like the part the goes over your shoulder. Is your next session before or after Pat's wedding? Very cool!

ALL7997 said...

My other arm was between 12 and 15 hours broken up into 5 different sessions. Next session is one week after Pat's wedding.

Kaybeeski said...

Ouch! It looks cool, but tattoos look awfully painful, too.