What has the Collins Family been doing. Get it here ! !

Saturday, September 6, 2008

What's Cool ?




I believe I am an artist, and sometimes an artist looks at things differantly than most people, here's a couple photos I've taken recently that I think are really cool.
#1
The first one is a sunflower head that was so large and heavy that it bent over. I spotted it on the way to the golf course, we couldn't stop on our way so I made Matt promise that we would stop on the way home. Yeah we remember and I love this picture. I was happy.
# 2
The fire hydrant was in Philly, I'd never seen a hyrdrant quite like it, so I stopped and took a picture, I had to search for the best angle of this unique item, so by time I snapped the picture Matt is looking over his shoulder waiting for me to catch up. "What in the world are you doing" --- I don't remember the exact words but it was something to that extent. But I'm so glad I did it, I mean there is just so many times I regret not photographing something and in a few weeks it's complelety washed from my memory bank. What a shame. But not now, I've captured it forever !!! Ok, I agree that it's not the most beautiful thing but I like it.
Check out one of my favorite photographers that takes similar pictures. One of my favorites is an image of rusty bed springs, they take a common object and make it look artisic and cool . http://www.flickr.com/photos/inspiredart
So is it cool?

No comments: